Grilled Tomatillo Chicken for Two
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Grill: 10 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 tomatillos, husks removed, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 pickled jalapeno slices, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- Sour cream, optional
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Top with cheese; cook 1 minute longer or until cheese is melted.
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add the tomatillos, lime juice, jalapenos and garlic; cook 3 minutes longer. Stir in the cilantro, cumin, salt and pepper. Serve tomatillo mixture and chicken and with rice; dollop with sour cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 chicken breast half with 1/2 cup tomatillo mixture (calculated without rice and sour cream): 324 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 109mg cholesterol, 596mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 40g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Mar 3, 2014
This is delicious, and since there is only 2 of us no waste. Since we are on Weight Watchers Program we loved the tomatillo salsa not only for the flavors but because it is very waist friendly. Will be making this again!
Jul 16, 2013
Wonderful. I used chicken thighs instead of breasts because we like them better. I had 5 boneless, skinless thighs and put 1/2 slice of provolone on each. This is really good and I'll definitely make it again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.