- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 tomatillos, husks removed, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 pickled jalapeno slices, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked rice
- Sour cream, optional
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Top with cheese; cook 1 minute longer or until cheese is melted.
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add the tomatillos, lime juice, jalapenos and garlic; cook 3 minutes longer. Stir in the cilantro, cumin, salt and pepper. Serve tomatillo mixture and chicken and with rice; dollop with sour cream if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forGrilled Tomatillo Chicken for Two
"This is delicious, and since there is only 2 of us no waste. Since we are on Weight Watchers Program we loved the tomatillo salsa not only for the flavors but because it is very waist friendly. Will be making this again!"
"Wonderful. I used chicken thighs instead of breasts because we like them better. I had 5 boneless, skinless thighs and put 1/2 slice of provolone on each. This is really good and I'll definitely make it again."