This potato dish is a wonderful side for any grilled meat. If you don't want to grill, just place the potatoes in a dish, cover and bake in the oven. —Robin Johnson, Rattan, Oklahoma
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Grill: 40 min.
- 8 medium potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 large onions, halved and sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Reduced-fat sour cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Divide mixture between two double thicknesses of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Fold foil around mixture and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 40-45 minutes or until potatoes are tender, turning once. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Serve with sour cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 210 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 148mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Grilled to Perfection in Healthy Cooking June/July 2010