Grilled Tenderloin Salad Recipe
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), trimmed
- 10 cups torn salad greens
- 2 seedless oranges, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios or cashews, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine all dressing ingredients; cover and chill. Grill pork, covered, over medium coals for 15-20 minutes or until meat thermometer reads 160°-170°, turning occasionally. Let stand for 5 minutes; thinly slice tenderloin. To serve, line large platter with greens; top with orange sections and tenderloin. Sprinkle with nuts if desired. Drizzle with dressing. Yield: 5 servings.
3 ounce-weight: 211 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 113mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 20g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.