Grilled Tarragon Mustard Turkey
I adapted a chicken recipe for turkey breasts instead. It quickly became one of my husband's favorites for the grill.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + marinating Cook: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 turkey breast tenderloin (1/2 pound)
- 4-1/2 teaspoons tarragon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- In a resealable plastic bag, combine the lemon juice, oil and pepper; add turkey. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for up to 2 hours.
- In a small saucepan, combine the vinegar, wine or broth and tarragon. Bring to a boil; cook until reduced by half. Reduce heat; add butter and mustard. Stir until butter is melted; set aside and keep warm.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill turkey, uncovered, over medium heat for 5 minutes; turn and baste with mustard sauce. Cook 10-15 minutes longer or until juices run clear, basting frequently.
Originally published as Grilled Tarragon Mustard Turkey in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.