When I prepare this recipe for Tandoori Chicken it brings back memories of my childhood and my rich Indian heritage. This has a nice spice level, but if you like your food on the mild side, then reduce each spice a little.
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/4 cups plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- 3 drops red food coloring, optional
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 medium lemon, cut into six wedges
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first 10 ingredients. Add the chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread chicken onto six metal or soaked wooden skewers. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 10-15 minutes or until juices run clear, turning occasionally. Sprinkle with cilantro; garnish with lemon wedges. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Tandoori Chicken Kabobs in Everyday Chicken Honda 2014, p13