Grilled Sweet Potatoes with Honey
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sherry or apple juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Place sweet potatoes in a steamer basket; place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 5-7 minutes.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl. In another bowl, combine the soy sauce, sherry or juice, honey, water and garlic; pour over potatoes and toss gently.
- Drain sweet potatoes, reserving soy sauce mixture. Arrange sweet potatoes in a single layer in a grill basket coated with cooking spray. Brush potatoes with oil. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until tender, basting with reserved soy sauce mixture and turning occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 158 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 242mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 3, 2009
These are excellent! I forgot to add the sherry/apple juice and they still turned out great. We used a frying pan on the grill to cook these. I also added 1 Tablespoon of toasted sesame seeds during the last few minutes of grilling. Don't add earlier or they will burn. I made this to go along with the Sesame Ginger Chicken and Sesame Vegetable Medley recipes from this site.