Grilled Sweet Potatoes with Honey
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sherry or apple juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Place sweet potatoes in a steamer basket; place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 5-7 minutes.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl. In another bowl, combine the soy sauce, sherry or juice, honey, water and garlic; pour over potatoes and toss gently.
- Drain sweet potatoes, reserving soy sauce mixture. Arrange sweet potatoes in a single layer in a grill basket coated with cooking spray. Brush potatoes with oil. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until tender, basting with reserved soy sauce mixture and turning occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 158 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 242mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Jul 3, 2009
These are excellent! I forgot to add the sherry/apple juice and they still turned out great. We used a frying pan on the grill to cook these. I also added 1 Tablespoon of toasted sesame seeds during the last few minutes of grilling. Don't add earlier or they will burn. I made this to go along with the Sesame Ginger Chicken and Sesame Vegetable Medley recipes from this site.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.