- 1 cup medium picante sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 pork chops (1 inch thick)
- 1/2 pound bulk hot pork sausage
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup prepared zesty Italian salad dressing
- Combine picante sauce, honey and Worcestershire sauce; stir until honey is dissolved. Divide the sauce into two small bowls; set aside. Cut a deep slit in each chop, forming a pocket. Stuff with sausage; secure with toothpicks. Sprinkle chops with garlic powder and pepper. Brush each side with Italian dressing. Grill, covered, over medium coals for 5 minutes on each side. Grill 10-15 minutes longer or until meat juices run clear, basting twice with sauce from one bowl. Remove toothpicks. Serve with sauce from the second bowl. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forGrilled Stuffed Pork Chops
"These were really great! Making them again!"
"These pork chops are terrific! However, because they are so thick and you have the sausage in the middle, be very careful not to overcook them. I found the best method was to grill them for 5 minutes on each side directly over the flame, and then use the indirect method until they are cooked. It takes a little longer, but the results are well worth it!"