- 3 large green peppers
- 1 large tomato, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 pounds Johnsonville® Ground Mild Italian sausage
- Additional shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise; remove stems and seeds. Set aside. In a large bowl, combine the tomato, cheeses, basil and oregano. Crumble sausage over mixture and mix well. Spoon into pepper halves.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Place peppers over drip pan. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 30-35 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink and peppers are tender. Sprinkle with additional cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forGrilled Stuffed Peppers
"This recipe is really easy and VERY tasty! The only thing I would change is to maybe bore a small hole in the pepper to allow for the sausage grease to drain."