- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika or paprika
- 10 jalapeno peppers
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Cut a lengthwise slit down each pepper, leaving the stem intact; remove membranes and seeds. Fill each pepper with 1 tablespoon cheese mixture.
- Prepare grill for indirect heat. Place peppers in a disposable foil pan. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until peppers are tender and cheese is melted. Serve warm. Yield: 10 appetizers.
Reviews forGrilled Stuffed Jalapenos
"First need to say that there wasn't one left on the plate. However I gave it a four star rating because I myself could not eat another one my mouth was on fire. However everyone else didn't seem to think so. I think like one person said it's a gamble if you get a hot one or not. Someone that likes the heat this is for them. I think the spices add to the heat. My husband loved them. However please please ensure that you wear gloves when working with peppers. After washing my hands I accidently touched my eye and had to flush it iout. GLOVES are a must!"
"Had the family over they ate them before I could even get them off the grill. Everybody loved them."
"It took a lot longer for the peppers to get soft for me - more like 25 - 30 minutes at 375f. Unfortunately, the peppers were not hot enough for me. Next time I'll make from my garden since they are ready to pick now! I think I will double up on the herbs as well."
"I've made this recipe a couple of times--so good. One change is I used mini peppers instead of jalapeno. The colored ones makes a pretty dish."
"Great recipe, time consuming, but worth it. I added a hand full of real bacon bits, some fresh chives, and a little sour cream. I substituted the paprika for some chipotle seasoning from Pampered Chef. It also made lots more than 10 peppers, but mine were small in size. It probably made 20+."
"Here is howI do stuffed jalapenos. Cut fresh peppers in half. Take out the seeds. Suff with cream cheese. Wrap with half a piece of bacon. bake for30 min@ 400 degrees in oven. Bacon is crisp and peppers are soft. Yummy. Cyn"
"My grandmother makes Jalapeno peppers with just cheddar cheese inside. It is good. Some of the peppers you will need water or some dairy product with it. We are like it is gambling if you get a hot one or a mild one."
"We apologize for the error, but the wrong photo was attached to this stuffed jalapeno recipe. The recipe is correct as published. However, if you elect to add some cooked crumbed bacon to the recipe, it'll be even better!The correct photo will be posted here soon.Taste of Home Test Kitchen"
"I always use bacon with mine. It is very good!"