Grilled Steak Tossed Salad
“My grandmother gave me this recipe—it’s great for those hot summer nights and takes only a few minutes to make," says Warren Paulson of Mesa, Arizona.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 cups Italian-blend salad greens
- 1/2 pound cooked beef sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 4 tomato wedges
- 1/2 cup fresh whole kernel corn
- 1/3 cup prepared balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup shredded Romano cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the salad greens, steak, tomato wedges and corn. Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss to coat; sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 310 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 489mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 27g protein.
Jul 20, 2014
Easy, healthy summer salad, with only 6 ingredients. I substituted London broil for the sirloin, as it's cheaper (I cook for 4), and it came out great. However, I forgot to season the meat, so remember to do that.