Grilled Steak & Onion Tacos
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 to 2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 medium red onions, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 8 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and sliced
- Sour cream, fresh cilantro leaves and lime wedges
- Sprinkle steak with taco seasoning. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill steak, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brush onions with oil. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until tender.
- Grill tortillas on each side until warm. Thinly slice steak. Top tortillas with steak, avocado and onions Serve with sour cream, cilantro and lime wedges.
Apr 11, 2018
So simple but very good. Flavors are simple but come together well. I would recommend using all toppings suggested. This would be a perfect poolside. I did use ribeye instead of sirloin.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.