Grilled Steak & Onion Tacos
Fire up the grill for soft tacos stuffed with zesty beef, sweet and tender red onions, and health-boosting avocado. Oh, yeah!
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 to 2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 medium red onions, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 8 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and sliced
- Sour cream, fresh cilantro leaves and lime wedges
- Sprinkle steak with taco seasoning. Lightly coat grill rack. Grill steak, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brush onions with oil. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until tender.
- Grill tortillas on each side until warm. Thinly slice steak. Top tortillas with steak, avocado and onions Serve with sour cream, cilantro and lime wedges.
Originally published as Soft Shelled Steak Taco in Simple & Delicious April/May 2013
Apr 11, 2018
So simple but very good. Flavors are simple but come together well. I would recommend using all toppings suggested. This would be a perfect poolside. I did use ribeye instead of sirloin.