Grilled Steak Fajitas Recipe
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 12 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 1 medium avocado, peeled and sliced, optional
- Sour cream, optional
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, add beef. In another large resealable plastic bad, add the onion and green pepper.
- 2. In a small large bowl combine the chilies, lemon juice, vinegar, oil, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, oregano, salt and pepper. Pour 1-1/2 cups over meat. Pour remaining marinade over vegetables. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 3. Drain meat and vegetables, discarding marinade. Grill steak, covered, over medium-hot heat for 10 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- 4. Meanwhile, cut two pieces of heavy-duty foil into 18x12-in. rectangles. Wrap tortillas in one piece and vegetables in the other; seal foil tightly. Grill, covered, over indirect heat for 5-7 minutes, turning occasionally.
- 5. Cut steak into 1/8-in. slices across the grain; place on tortillas. Top with vegetables and roll up. Serve with avocado and sour cream if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Grilled Steak Fajitas
"Sooo delicious! Every year I look forward to fresh peppers and onions from the garden to use in this recipe, which I've been making for years."
"The single best Steak Fajita recipe I have ever tried! Substituted Skirt Steak instead of Flank Steak and I buy it at Whole Foods, so much less fat and much better flavor than others I've tried."
"try pico de gallo: cilantro, tomato, onion, and some jalapeno or serrano pepper all diced up and mixed together in a bowl with a squeeze of lime juice..GREAT"