- 1 flank steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup cider or red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 12 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 1 medium avocado, peeled and sliced, optional
- Sour cream, optional
- Place steak in a shallow glass container or large resealable plastic bag. Place onion and green pepper in another container or bag. Combine chilies, lemon juice, vinegar, oil, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, oregano, salt and pepper. Pour 1-1/2 cups over meat. Pour remaining marinade over vegetables. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Drain meat and vegetables, discarding marinade. Grill steak, covered, over medium-hot heat for 10 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Meanwhile, cut two pieces of heavy-duty foil into 18-in. x 12-in. rectangles. Wrap tortillas in one piece of vegetables in the other; seal foil tightly. Grill, covered, over indirect heat for 5-7 minutes, turning occasionally. Cut steak into 1/8-in. slices across the grain; place on tortillas. Top with vegetables and roll up. Serve with avocado and sour cream if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forGrilled Steak Fajitas
"Sooo delicious! Every year I look forward to fresh peppers and onions from the garden to use in this recipe, which I've been making for years."
"The single best Steak Fajita recipe I have ever tried! Substituted Skirt Steak instead of Flank Steak and I buy it at Whole Foods, so much less fat and much better flavor than others I've tried."
"try pico de gallo: cilantro, tomato, onion, and some jalapeno or serrano pepper all diced up and mixed together in a bowl with a squeeze of lime juice..GREAT"