A tangy anchovy dressing coats this hearty Caesar salad. It's my version of a delicious dish offered at one of our finer restaurants. My quilting group really enjoys this salad, served with hard rolls and a fruit dessert. -Eleanor Froehlich Rochester Hills, Michigan
Recommended: 24 Game-Changing Grilling Recipes For Two
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 hard-boiled large egg yolks
- 4 anchovy fillets or 2 tablespoons anchovy paste
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 boneless beef sirloin steak (about 1-1/4 pounds)
- 1 large bunch romaine, torn
- 2/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 cups Caesar salad croutons
- In a blender or food processor, combine the first 10 ingredients; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Cover and refrigerate.
- Grill steak, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- In a large bowl, toss the romaine, 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese and salad dressing. Divide among salad plates. slice the steak; arrange steak and tomatoes on salads. Top with croutons and remaining Parmesan cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Steak Caesar Salad in Taste of Home October/November 2004, p32