VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 medium bunch romaine, torn
- In a small bowl, whisk 1 tablespoon oil, 1 tablespoon mustard, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Grill steak, covered, over medium-hot heat for 4 minutes. Turn; spread with mustard mixture. Grill 4 minutes longer or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook mushrooms in 1 tablespoon oil until tender. Stir in the vinegar, remaining oil and mustard.
- Thinly slice steak across the grain; add to mushroom mixture.
- Serve over romaine. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Steak and Mushroom Salad in Country Woman July/August 2006, p49
Reviews forGrilled Steak and Mushroom Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 3, 2011
"Excellent Spring Dish..."