VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 to 2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 medium red onions, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 8 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and sliced
- Sour cream, fresh cilantro leaves and lime wedges
- Sprinkle steak with taco seasoning. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill steak, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brush onions with oil. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until tender.
- Grill tortillas on each side until warm. Thinly slice steak. Top tortillas with steak, avocado and onions Serve with sour cream, cilantro and lime wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Steak & Onion Tacos in Simple & Delicious April/May 2013, p10