This salad is great with a grilled steak for a Tex-Mex meal, and most of it can even be prepared out in the backyard. Poblanos and cayenne make it pop. —Johnna Johnson, Scottsdale, Arizona
Featured In: 5-Star Grilling Recipes You've Gotta Try
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 pounds large red potatoes, quartered lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 poblano peppers
- 2 medium ears sweet corn, husks removed
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Lime wedges
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 5 minutes. Drain potatoes and toss with oil.
- Grill poblanos, covered, over high heat 8-10 minutes or until skins are blistered and blackened on all sides, turning occasionally. Immediately place peppers in a small bowl; let stand, covered, 20 minutes. Reduce grill temperature to medium heat.
- Grill corn and potatoes, covered, over medium heat 12-15 minutes or until tender and lightly browned, turning occasionally. Cool slightly.
- Peel off and discard charred skin from poblanos; remove stems and seeds. Cut peppers into 1/2-in. pieces and place in a large bowl. Cut corn from cobs and cut potatoes into 3/4-in. pieces; add to peppers.
- In a small bowl, whisk buttermilk, sour cream and lime juice until blended; stir in jalapeno, cilantro and seasonings. Add to potato mixture, stirring in as much dressing as desired to coat. Serve with lime wedges. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Southwestern Potato Salad in Taste of Home April/May 2015, p60
Reviews forGrilled Southwestern Potato Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 12, 2015
"I used sweet peppers instead of the poblanos since I wasn't sure my kids could handle the extra heat. The flavor was awesome, I really enjoyed it."