This fun dish is a welcome part of our family cookouts. It makes a quick and delicious steak and vegetable combo that's ideal for lunch or dinner. —Cleo Gonske, Redding, California
Featured In: Your August Meal Plan
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons rubbed sage
- 3 teaspoons ground coriander
- 3 teaspoons ground mustard
- 3 teaspoons freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 beef skirt steak (1-1/2 pounds), cut into 5-in. pieces
- 2 medium red onions, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, halved
- 12 green onions, trimmed
- In a small bowl, whisk the first nine ingredients until blended; gradually whisk in oil. Pour 1-1/2 cups marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add beef; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- In a large bowl, toss remaining vegetables with 1/4 cup of the reserved marinade. Grill red onions and peppers, covered, over medium heat, 4-6 minutes on each side or until tender. Grill green onions 1-2 minutes on each side or until tender.
- Drain beef, discarding marinade in bag. Grill, covered, over medium heat 4-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°); baste with remaining marinade during the last 4 minutes of cooking. Let steak stand 5 minutes.
- Chop vegetables into bite-size pieces; transfer to a large bowl. Cut steak diagonally across the grain into thin slices; add to vegetables and toss to combine. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Skirt Steak with Red Peppers & Onions in TasteofHome.com 2017