My husband and I and our four children are missionaries to Australia. We use this great tasting marinade just about every time we barbecue, which is often in this sunny part of the world.—Jennie Sauvageot of Pailba, Queensland
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 6 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 pounds beef top sirloin steak
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Pour a fourth of the marinade into a shallow dish; add steak and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade from steak. Lightly oil the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°), basting occasionally with reserved marinade.