Grilled Sirloin Teriyaki
The marinade for this super-tender Asian-style beef also works well with fish, chicken and pork. Fast and fabulous! —Agnes Ward, Stratford, Ontario
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 inch thick and 1/2 pound)
- In a shallow dish, combine the first 6 ingredients. Add the steak; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. On a greased grill rack, grill beef, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°).
Nutrition Facts3 ounces cooked beef: 163 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 279mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.
Originally published as Grilled Sirloin Teriyaki in Healthy Cooking April/May 2011