Grilled Shrimp with Lemon Vinaigrette
I keep my marinades heart-healthy by choosing monounsaturated oils such as olive oil, and use lower-calorie spice- or citrus-based marinades, sauces and rubs to add flavor. —Amber Massey, Fort Worth, Texas
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 5 min.
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 pounds uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a large bowl, whisk the first eight ingredients; add shrimp.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread shrimp onto metal or soaked wooden skewers. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill shrimp, covered, over medium heat for 5-8 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning once.
Nutrition Facts3 ounces cooked shrimp: 140 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 172mg cholesterol, 346mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.
Originally published as Grilled Shrimp with Lemon Vinaigrette in Healthy Cooking June/July 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.