Grilled Shrimp with Cilantro Dipping Sauce Recipe
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- DIPPING SAUCE:
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Dash cayenne pepper
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the cilantro, oil, chives and garlic. Add the shrimp; seal bag and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a blender, combine the sauce ingredients; cover and process until blended. Chill until serving.
- Thread shrimp onto four metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink. Serve with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forGrilled Shrimp with Cilantro Dipping Sauce
"I made this for a get together with neighbors and it was a real hit! I'm using extra dipping sauce on fish tacos this week."
"This is really tasty. My whole family loved it. I added some lime juice to the marinade. Served over a bed of orzo."
"The sauce really made this recipe. Fabulous! Marinade was ok but probably any marinade/seasoning would work for the shrimp. Definitely an abundance of sauce. Next time will half sauce or double the shrimp."
"This is fabulous. Loved it!"
"I made this dish for Easter brunch. My family loved it. No changes."
"Tasted OK, but too much work for too little flavor."
"this has become a family favorite. I have used the marinade on scallops and chicken as well as the shrimp."
"The sauce was a little too spicy, but over all it was delicious."