Grilled Shrimp & Tomato Salad
Make this a main-dish salad, or put it in an appetizer buffet for extra-good grazing. No matter what, I serve it with little bowls of chili sauce for dipping. —Maruja Hughes, Toronto, Ontario
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 3 pounds uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 3 medium ripe avocados, peeled and sliced
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine lemon and lime juices. Add shrimp; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Drain shrimp, discarding marinade. On 12 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread shrimp and tomatoes. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning occasionally and basting frequently with chili sauce.
- In a small bowl, combine oil and vinegar. Arrange avocados on a large platter; top with shrimp and tomatoes. If desired, sprinkle with parsley. Drizzle with oil mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 177 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 293mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 19g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat.
Originally published as Shrimp Kebobs in Simple & Delicious August/September 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.