Grilled Shrimp Salads with Coconut Vinaigrette Recipe
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 cups spring mix salad greens
- 1 cup green grapes
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Pour 3/4 cup into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the shrimp; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for up to 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining vinaigrette.
- 2. Drain and discard vinaigrette. Thread shrimp onto four metal or soaked wooden skewers. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- 3. Grill shrimp, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning once. Divide the salad ingredients among four plates; top with shrimp. Serve with reserved vinaigrette. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving: 425 calories, 19g fat (12g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 283mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 4g fiber), 22g protein.
Reviews for Grilled Shrimp Salads with Coconut Vinaigrette
"I am using the Coconut vinaigrette as a salad dressing at my restaurant and it is getting rave reviews. Thanks"