Grilled Shrimp Lettuce Wraps
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Grill: 5 min.
- 1/4 cup gluten-free reduced-sodium tamari soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- MANGO SALSA:
- 1/2 medium mango, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1 to 2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 large lettuce leaves
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients; add shrimp. Seal bag and turn to coat; cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- For salsa, in a small bowl, combine the mango, onion, peppers, cilantro and lime juice. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread shrimp on two metal or soaked wooden skewers. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink. Place shrimp on lettuce leaves; top with salsa and roll up.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 173 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 609mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
May 21, 2014
I served this delicious recipe for lunch with broiled carrots with cinnamon/vanilla butter; and broiled onions, tomato wedges, and fresh pineapple salsa. We had raspberry lemonade and for dessert, fresh pineapple. Thanks for the recipe, Gretchen.
Jun 11, 2012
Excellent and easy.
Feb 25, 2010
EXCELLENT CHOICE OF USING SHRIMP FOR A LETTUCE WRAP. LOVE IT.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.