Grilled Shrimp Fajitas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until cooked but not crisp. Drain on paper towels. Wrap a strip of bacon around each shrimp; secure ends with toothpicks.
- On six metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread shrimp, peppers and onion. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink and vegetables are tender, basting frequently with barbecue sauce.
- Remove shrimp and vegetables from skewers; discard toothpicks. Place on one side of each tortilla. Top with lettuce, tomato and cheese; fold over.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 469 calories, 25g fat (9g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 1148mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein.
Aug 28, 2017
Delicious! I loved these fajitas!
Oct 24, 2010
Since this is from a Simple and Delicious, I expected something a little faster to make. Personally, wrapping shrimp in bacon, putting everything on skewers and then grilling it was a lot of prep time. Instead, I chop the bacon and cook everything in a big skillet with a teensy bit of olive oil and the 1/2 cup BBQ sauce the recipe calls for. It tastes pretty good and is really simple!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.