Grilled Shrimp Fajitas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until cooked but not crisp. Drain on paper towels. Wrap a strip of bacon around each shrimp; secure ends with toothpicks.
- On six metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread shrimp, peppers and onion. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink and vegetables are tender, basting frequently with barbecue sauce.
- Remove shrimp and vegetables from skewers; discard toothpicks. Place on one side of each tortilla. Top with lettuce, tomato and cheese; fold over.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 469 calories, 25g fat (9g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 1148mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 28, 2017
Delicious! I loved these fajitas!
Oct 24, 2010
Since this is from a Simple and Delicious, I expected something a little faster to make. Personally, wrapping shrimp in bacon, putting everything on skewers and then grilling it was a lot of prep time. Instead, I chop the bacon and cook everything in a big skillet with a teensy bit of olive oil and the 1/2 cup BBQ sauce the recipe calls for. It tastes pretty good and is really simple!