Grilled Sesame Orange Tuna Steaks Recipe
This recipe was a collaboration between my son and I. He wanted to enter a contest because he aspires to be a chef someday. Although they look fancy, they're easy to make. [Editor's Note: This recipe won 3rd place in Healthy Cooking's Summer Sizzle Grilling Contest] —Lorna McFadden, Port Orchard, Washington
- 1-1/2 cups instant brown rice
- 2 cups fresh sugar snap peas
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 snack-size cup (4 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/4 cup unsalted cashews, coarsely chopped
- 4 tuna steaks (6 ounces each)
- 5 tablespoons sesame ginger marinade, divided
- 1. Cook rice according to package directions. In a large skillet, saute peas in butter and honey until crisp-tender. Add oranges and cashews; cook and stir 1 minute longer.
- 2. Brush tuna with 2 tablespoons marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill tuna, covered, over high heat or broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes on each side for medium-rare or until slightly pink in the center.
- 3. Brush tuna with remaining marinade; serve with rice and snap pea mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
1 steak with 3/4 cup rice and 1/2 cup snap pea mixture: 506 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 822mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 4g fiber), 47g protein.
Reviews for Grilled Sesame Orange Tuna Steaks
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC