Chicken gets a lovely treatment from a soy marinade and basting sauce in this recipe from Catherine Allan of Twin Falls, Idaho. "The flavor you get from grilling really says summer," she notes. Enjoy some chicken for dinner and use the extra in the two recipes that follow.
Recommended: 34 BBQ Side Dishes You Can Throw on the Grill
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 1 cup white grape juice
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons ground mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger or 2 tablespoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first nine ingredients. Remove 1/2 cup for basting; cover and refrigerate. Add chicken to the bag; seal and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 6-8 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 6 minutes. Turn and cook 6-8 minutes longer or until met juices run clear, basting occasionally with the reserved marinade. Yield: 6 servings plus 6 leftover chicken breast halves.
Originally published as Grilled Sesame Chicken in Quick Cooking July/August 2003, p34