A marinade using balsamic vinegar, lemon juice and Italian dressing boosts the flavor of these tender shrimp. Diane Harrison of Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania serves the delightful bites chilled.
Recommended: 55 Recipes to Grill Before Summer Ends
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked large shrimp
- 1 small red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and coarsely ground pepper to taste, optional
- Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails intact if desired. Coat a grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill.
- Grill shrimp, covered, over indirect medium heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink. Cool; cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the remaining ingredients; add shrimp. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Seasoned Shrimp in Taste of Home June/July 2004, p61
Reviews forGrilled Seasoned Shrimp
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 30, 2010
"This was good as a shrimp cocktail type recipe...not as flavorful as the ingredients would leave you to believe."