When all I had available was ground beef and I was tired of plain-old hamburgers, I invented these. A good dose of Italian seasonings and mozzarella makes them unique. They're great with homemade French fries for a quick meal. —Steven Schend, Grand Rapids, Michigan
Featured In: 24 Game-Changing Grilling Recipes For Two
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links (4 ounces each)
- 2 brat buns, split
- Spicy brown mustard, optional
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add green pepper and onion; cook and stir until softened. Stir in brown sugar, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, 12-15 minutes or until onion is golden brown.
- Meanwhile, grill sausages, covered, over medium heat 12-15 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°, turning occasionally. Serve in buns with pepper mixture; if desired, top with mustard. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Sausages with Peppers in Reminisce June/July 2011, p70
Reviews forGrilled Sausages with Peppers
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2013
"These were really good! A refreshing change from the usual tomato sauce that is typically served on a sausage sandwich."