Grilled Sausage & Pepper Heroes
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Grill: 30 min.
- 2 jars (24 ounces each) roasted garlic Parmesan spaghetti sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 medium green peppers
- 2 medium sweet red peppers
- 2 medium sweet yellow peppers
- 1 large sweet onion, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch slices
- 3 packages (12 ounces each) fully cooked Italian chicken sausage links
- 12 brat or hoagie buns, split
- 12 slices provolone cheese, halved
- In a Dutch oven, combine spaghetti sauce and pepper flakes. Heat through over medium heat, stirring occasionally; keep warm.
- Cut peppers in half. Remove and discard stems and seeds. Grill peppers and onion, covered, over medium heat 8-10 minutes on each side or until tender. Slice peppers. Stir onion and peppers into sauce; heat through.
- Grill sausages, covered, over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until heated through, turning occasionally. Place buns on baking sheets, cut side up. Top with cheese. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with sausages and pepper mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich: 449 calories, 18g fat (7g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 1099mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 29g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 28, 2018
The best sausage
Jul 17, 2014
My husband and I loved this. Will definitely make again. He took the leftovers for lunch!
Mar 24, 2013
My family loved this recipe! I will be making this again since it was quick, easy and yummy!!