Grilled Sausage-Basil Pizzas Recipe
- 4 Italian sausage links (4 ounces each)
- 4 naan flatbreads or whole pita breads
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup tomato basil pasta sauce
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1. Grill sausages, covered, over medium heat 10-12 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°, turning occasionally. Cut into 1/4-in. slices.
- 2. Brush both sides of flatbreads with oil. Grill flatbreads, covered, over medium heat 2-3 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned.
- 3. Remove from grill. Layer grilled sides with sauce, sausage, cheeses and basil. Return to grill; cook, covered, 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pizza: 808 calories, 56g fat (19g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 1996mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 34g protein.
Reviews for Grilled Sausage-Basil Pizzas
"I actually used leftover mild Italian sausages I made from another TOH recipe: Italian Sausages With Provolone. So I skipped step 1. We also threw some extra ingredients on top of the pizza, like yellow bell pepper and fresh baby spinach. The pasta sauce I used was Fire-Grilled Tomato & Garlic. These were SO easy, quick and delicious. Our 4 year old loved putting together his own little pizza and actually ate it (which is pretty amazing). The best part of this recipe is it's flexibility. You can literally put whatever you want on these. I love it, we'll be making this again!"
"Awesome pizza! My husband likes it with BBQ. We grilled veggies and added them. I will definitely be making this again."
"Absolutely loved these. Simple to assemble and easy to adjust the quantity. I used pitas and the tomato based pasta sauce I had on hand. I also tried a few with pesto as another reviewer suggested. My husband proclaimed the pesto ones his favorite. I didn't have enough fresh basil so I used a combination of fresh and dried."
"Delicious! I did one with the red tomato basil sauce and one with basil pesto. Both were fantastic. Will definitely do this again. I used fresh mozzarella as well. My husband loved them."
"Really good! We used turkey Italian sausage links and I added some sliced red onion to the toppings as well. I also used fresh mozzarella and they tasted so good and were very filling! Great recipe!"