Kerin Benjamin, Citrus Heights, California relates that her family (including two small children), liked this recipe so well, she made it for a potluck the very next day. "Everyone raved about it there, too, even people who aren't particularly fond of fish," she says.
Recommended: 5-Ingredient Healthy Dinners
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3 medium nectarines, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 4 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a bowl, combine the honey, lemon juice, oil and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Stir in nectarines and basil; set aside.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. Rinse salmon and pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle with pepper and remaining salt. Place salmon, skin side down, on grill. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with nectarine mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Salmon with Nectarines in Light & Tasty August/September 2006, p57