Grilled Salmon with Herbed Strawberry Hollandaise
Traditional hollandaise sauce gets a summery twist in this delightful entree. After being marinated in a fresh strawberry vinaigrette, salmon fillets are grilled and dressed with the strawberry-herb sauce. —Patricia Harmon, Baden, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 6 fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard, divided
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon or 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Optional garnishes: chopped green onions and additional fresh strawberries
- Place strawberries in a food processor. Cover and process until pureed; set aside 2 tablespoons for sauce. Pour remaining puree into a large resealable plastic bag. Add the vinegar, oil, cilantro, salt, cayenne and 1 teaspoon mustard. Add the salmon; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Drain and discard marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Place salmon skin side down on a grill rack. Grill salmon, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 12-14 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Keep warm.
- In a double boiler or metal bowl over simmering water, constantly whisk the egg yolks, cream, lemon juice and remaining mustard until mixture reaches 160° or is thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon. Reduce heat to low. Very slowly drizzle in warm melted butter, whisking constantly. Stir in tarragon and reserved strawberry puree.
- Serve immediately with salmon. Garnish with green onions and additional strawberries if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 fillet with about 3 tablespoons sauce (calculated without garnishes): 459 calories, 36g fat (15g saturated fat), 238mg cholesterol, 223mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 31g protein.
Originally published as ROSY RED GRILLED SALMON with HERBED STRAWBERRY HOLLANDAISE in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.