Grilled Salmon with Dill Sauce
“With its rich, fresh flavors, this fabulous recipe is perfect for an elegant meal or a family dinner,” says Chris Otis. “I’ll even use my grill in the middle of a cold New Canaan, Connecticut winter just to prepare it!”
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makes6 servings (3/4 cup sauce)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill or 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- In a small bowl, combine the ginger, cilantro, salt, pepper and cayenne; rub over fillets. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Place salmon skin side down on rack. Grill, covered, over high heat or broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 5-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- In a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Serve with salmon.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 235 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 455mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat.
Originally published as Grilled Salmon with Dill Sauce in Light & Tasty June/July 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.