Grilled Salmon with Black Bean Salsa
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup seedless red grapes, chopped
- 1/4 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon canned chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- In a small bowl, combine the wine, soy sauce and brown sugar. Set aside 2 tablespoons mixture for basting. Stir garlic into remaining mixture. Place in a large resealable plastic bag; add the salmon. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the salsa ingredients. Cover and chill until serving.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Place salmon skin side down on grill rack.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork, basting occasionally with reserved wine mixture. Serve with salsa.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 324 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 587mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 28g protein.
Jun 22, 2013
It was really really good. My husband loved it too, and it took 10-15 minutes to prepare. Instead of grilling the fish, I actually baked it and it turned out great. You don't have to cook a whole day to make an awesome fish dish :)
May 22, 2012
cooked the salmon on cedar planks. It was fantastic. Definitely making this again.
May 14, 2012
Didn't eat the salmon so I can only rate the salsa-which was absolutely delightful. I left out the grapes, only because I didn't have any, and added diced onion. We ate it as a side dish with hamburgers, but it was gone quickly as I caught family members dipping into the salsa throughout the day for a snack.
May 1, 2012
I used Snapper instead of Salmon. I also omitted the grapes but added chopped mango's and peaches to make this a sweeter salsa for the fish. Mix with wild rice for an excellant side dish also.
Oct 1, 2011
Family really liked the Black Bean Salsa.
Sep 19, 2011
I am not a big fish fan, but I cooked this because my husband loves fish. It was very good! It didn't taste 'fishy' to me at all. I did leave the grapes out of the salsa and it still tasted good.
Jun 2, 2010
Have not made the fish part of this recipe yet and almost left out the grapes in the salsa--It would have been a very big mistake! I used Jalapeno chiles instead of green chiles and cut the brown sugar to 1/2 teasp. YUMMY!
May 7, 2010
We love this! I've used other fish with the marinade and I've made the salsa many times without the fish. This is a great tasting, healthy meal.
Jan 23, 2010
I made the black bean salsa and it is excellent. I made fish tacos to accompanient it. WONDERFUL!!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.