“I’m not usually a seafood fan, but I ordered a similar salmon dish at a restaurant, and I couldn’t stop eating it. My recipe re-creation has become a favorite with family and friends.” —Renee McIlheran, Lockport, Illinois
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons balsamic vinaigrette, divided
- 4 salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, combine the tomato, avocado, onion, cilantro, oil, garlic and 2 tablespoons vinaigrette. Chill until serving.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper. Place salmon skin side down on grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 7-9 minutes or until the salmon flakes easily with a fork. Brush with remaining vinaigrette. Serve with salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Salmon with Avocado Salsa in Simple & Delicious June/July 2011, p17
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Grilled Salmon with Avocado Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review