This is a recipe I often used when our family was all home. As the children grew up, it became more difficult to be together for a meal, what with school activities and such, but Sunday evenings were always ours. These delicious sandwiches helped make those Sunday meals special in our home.
- 1 can (8 ounces) red or pink salmon, well drained
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish, well drained
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 8 slices white or Italian bread
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2/3 cup milk
- In a small bowl, combine first five ingredients. Divide and spread over 4 slices of bread. Top with remaining bread slices and dip each sandwich into combine egg and milk mixture. Brown on a well-greased griddle or skillet on both sides. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 sandwiches.
Originally published as Grilled Salmon Sandwiches in Country Extra May 1991, p45
Reviews for Grilled Salmon Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review