Grilled Salmon Sandwiches
When our family was all home, I made this recipe often. As the children grew up, it became more difficult to be together for a meal, but Sunday evenings were always ours. These delicious sandwiches helped make those meals special. —June Formanek, Belle Plaine, Iowa
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 can (8 ounces) red or pink salmon, well drained
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish, well drained
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 8 slices white or Italian bread
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Spread over 4 bread slices. Top with remaining bread.
- Beat egg and milk; dip sandwiches in mixture. Brown on a well-greased griddle or skillet on both sides. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 376 calories, 20g fat (4g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 756mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 19g protein.
Originally published as Grilled Salmon Sandwiches in Country Extra May 1991
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.