Grilled Salmon Packets for Two
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 salmon steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup julienned sweet yellow pepper
- 1/4 cup julienned green pepper
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Sprinkle salmon with lemon-pepper. Place each salmon steak on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square). Top with carrots and peppers. Sprinkle with remaining ingredients.
- Fold foil around fish and seal tightly. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 286 calories, 16g fat (3g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 516mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Jul 26, 2011
I used raw shelled shrimp instead of the salmon, and the recipe worked well. I broiled the foil packet because I did not want to use the outdoor grill. The result was mildly seasoned, but it complements seafood well.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.