Susan Tuma of Faribault, Minnesota perks up pork tenderloin with an easy rub that's both sweet and spicy. "We make this dish all summer long, and I get loads of requests for the recipe because the meat is so moist and flavorful," Susan says. "The leftovers make great sandwiches, too."
Recommended: Top 10 Grilled Pork Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 pork tenderloin (1 pound each)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place pork in a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Combine the brown sugar, garlic powder, chili powder, oregano and pepper; rub over pork. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 hours.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. Grill pork, covered, over indirect medium heat for 18-20 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°, turning occasionally. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Rubbed Pork in Light & Tasty June/July 2004, p51