Grilled Rosemary Swordfish
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 swordfish steaks (5 ounces each)
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first seven ingredients; add the swordfish. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill swordfish, covered, over medium-high heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until fish just turns opaque.
1 each: 214 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 350mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 fat.
Mar 31, 2019I absolutely LOVE swordfish but I never tried to marinate it. This recipe got my attention and I'm glad it did! The marinade is simple to make and the flavors are a perfect compliment to the fish. I did not make any changes to the recipe .... I will definitely be making this again! Five stars for sure!
Jan 1, 2019I was skeptical because of the simplicity of the recipe. This lite marinade enhances the flavor of the swordfish w/o changing or clouding the flavor. Using "fresh - never frozen" swordfish is essential. Used food processor to chop ingredients, marinaded for 2 hours,
Jun 15, 2016
definitely not 5 stars...good but just ok.
Aug 30, 2015
Jun 21, 2015
Made this for my 92 yr old dad & I today for Father's Day... AWESOME! Used foreman grill & didn't include olive oil and lemon peel because I didn't have stock. Also didn't include salt because we're both watching it. Wonderful recipe & very tasty! Thx! Have filed for future use.
May 25, 2014
I prepared this just as written using fresh rosemary from our garden and used on one 10 ounce swordfish steak and it turned out awesome! Best piece of fish I think I have ever grilled.
Apr 21, 2013
I doubled the lemon juice & olive oil just to have a little more marinade to work with. Great recipe with perfect flavor. Thanks for sharing it!
Jul 4, 2011
Sorry, forgot to rate this - definitely 5 stars!
Jul 4, 2011
We love swordfish too - I was just looking for something different than our usual recipe and found this - absolutely perfect. I also have a herb garden and was happy to be able to use some of my fresh rosemary. Thank you!
Jun 24, 2011
I made this recipe with tuna steaks and the flavor was great! Once the store carries swordfish again, I'll try it with that. Great, easy recipe, thanks!