Grilled Romaine with Swiss
Lovely to look at and crazy good, you won't be able to stop eating this fast and easy veggie dish.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 romaine hearts, halved lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup prepared raspberry vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Brush romaine with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill the romaine, covered, over medium heat for 30 seconds on each side or until heated through. Transfer to a platter; drizzle with vinaigrette. Sprinkle with cheese, cherries and walnuts.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 299 calories, 24g fat (5g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 282mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Grilled Romaine With Swiss in Simple & Delicious August/September 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.