- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 10 slices rye bread
- 5 slices Swiss cheese
- 10 thin slices cooked roast beef
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- Salsa or picante sauce, optional
- Combine chilies, mayonnaise and mustard; spread about 1 tablespoon on one side of each slice of bread. top half of the bread with one slice of cheese and two slices of beef. Cover with remaining bread. Butter the outsides of bread. Grill sandwiches on a griddle or in a large skillet over medium heat until both sides are golden brown and the cheese is melted. Serve with salsa or picante sauce if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews forGrilled Roast Beef Sandwiches
"Great combo of flavors. Great way to use up leftover pot roast."
"Great sandwich! I use provolone cheese. This one is saved in my recipe box and I use it often."
"We have made these sandwiches many times. They are so easy and good.Linda 46"
"These sandwiches are out of this world. They are worth trying and a trip to the store for the items you might not have on hand. YUMMY!"