Use this rub on your favorite thin-cut steaks.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules, finely crushed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 beef ribeye steaks (6 ounces each)
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Rub over both sides of steaks. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Grill steaks, uncovered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4-in. from the heat for 5-8 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a
- thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
Nutrition Facts1 each: 409 calories, 27g fat (11g saturated fat), 101mg cholesterol, 376mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 31g protein.
Originally published as Grilled Skirt Steaks in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.