Grilled Ribeyes with Blue Cheese Butter
Fire up the grill for steaks that just melt in your mouth. They’re garlic infused, and the grill flavor is off the charts. With this recipe on hand, weeknight menus sizzle! —Jim Moody, Wichita, Kansas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 beef ribeye steaks (10 ounces each)
- 12 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- Cut slits into each steak; insert garlic slices. Brush with oil and sprinkle with salt, cayenne and pepper.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- Combine blue cheese and butter. Serve with steaks.
Nutrition Facts1 steak with 1 tablespoon butter mixture: 769 calories, 60g fat (24g saturated fat), 189mg cholesterol, 584mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 53g protein.
Originally published as Garlic Stuffed Steaks in Simple & Delicious June/July 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.