We grill peppers with rosemary and garlic, then blend them with sun-dried tomatoes for a creamy spread to pass with pita chips. —Donna Alwine, Bloomington, Indiana
Recommended: 34 BBQ Side Dishes You Can Throw on the Grill
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 large sweet red peppers, halved and seeded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup finely chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 2 cups (8 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- Pita chips
- Toss peppers with oil, garlic powder and rosemary to coat. Grill peppers, covered, over medium-high heat or broil 4 in. from heat 2-3 minutes on each side or until tender. Cool completely. Cut peppers into 1/4-in. pieces.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic and onion salt until blended. Beat in feta cheese red chopped peppers until blended. Serve with pita chips. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 4-3/4 cups.
Originally published as Grilled Red Pepper Dip in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2015, p210