This super-simple recipe turns regular steak into a mouthwatering entree. I like it best with ground ancho chili powder and a little salsa on the side. —Mary Relyea, Canastota, New York
Featured In: 32 Super Steak Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak
- Combine the first seven ingredients; rub over steak.
- Grill steak, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Grilled Red Chili Steak in Healthy Cooking June/July 2009, p14
Reviews forGrilled Red Chili Steak
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 27, 2009
"Evereyone loved this recipe."
Reviewed May. 25, 2009
"Really easy to prepare and really tasty! I will definately make again!"