Grilled Red Chili Steak
This super-simple recipe turns regular steak into a mouthwatering entree. I like it best with ground ancho chili powder and a little salsa on the side. —Mary Relyea, Canastota, New York
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Grill: 10 min. + standing
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak
- Combine the first seven ingredients; rub over steak.
- Grill steak, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with salsa.
Nutrition Facts3 ounce-weight: 160 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 269mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Grilled Red Chile Steak in Healthy Cooking June/July 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.